March 24, 2022
Patient Relations Executive
Responsible for the courteous and efficient reception of patients, records information required for registration in the hospital system and provides efficient directions to the patients. Accept payment from the patient. Perform a clerical duty as assigned, which includes patient appointments, maintaining logs, preparing statistics, ordering and stocking office supplies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enlighten the patient about the amount/cost of the consultation, procedure, laboratory test, radiology test, and medication to be administered if needed by the patient.
- Accept payments and generates invoice for amount paid by the patient.
- Well verse with insurance cards for the deductibles and co-payment if applicable.
- Manage to inform and explain to the patient what the coverage of the insurance in an understandable manner.
- Answers the patient queries with accordance of the clarification of payment they made.
- Reminds the patient for their next appointment with the doctor.
- Greets patients and/or visitors arriving at the outpatient clinics, ascertains their needs and assists as required.
- Receives answers or direct telephone calls or personal inquiries to appropriate personnel Answers questions and gives information based on knowledge of hospital or departmental organization and regulations
- Accepts/completes assignments as directed by the supervisor.
- Registers patients in the computer upon arrival with appointment.
- Open new chart for new patients after obtaining patient’s data and records such
information into the computer.
- Ascertain the financial status of the patient and verifies patient’s insurance card with the HMS. Initiate proper claim form and get the patient’s signature on it
- Direct patients to appropriate doctor’s clinic or department.
- Update patient’s contact information in the hospital system.
- Complete the general consent form for treatment in the hospital for new patients
- Request patient’s medical record from Medical Records Department for the Walk-in patients Assist in orientation of the new employees as directed.
- Bachelor / Diploma
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience in the Health Care Field
Knowledge / Technical Skills:
- Ability to operate computers
- Must have understanding of oral and written English
- Must have communication skills adequate to communicate effectively with patients, co- workers, and supervisors
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
- Adheres to dress code. Wears identification while on duty.
- Participates in departmental education on performance improvement. Attends departmental orientation and in-service training for department staff members, participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the facility as well as the focus statement of the department.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED4,000.00 – AED6,000.00 per month
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Arabic (Preferred)